At Liverpool Legal we are clear and transparent in our dealings with our clients from the outset. We do not have gimmicks or hidden costs.
We understand that legal fees can be a concern, especially when going through difficult times. We are flexible in our approach to payment arrangements and are happy to discuss suitable payment arrangements for you.
Depending on the circumstances of your case we may be able to offer you the following funding options:
On some matters we have fixed fee options available. Please see below for typical examples of our divorce and civil partnership dissolution fixed fee packages. In other instances, the firm will assess your situation and provide you with a fixed fee to assist with your case. This arrangement gives you a level of cost certainty. In some circumstances we are able to do this in stages of your case giving you more flexibility.
Fixed fee divorce packages
We offer fixed fee packages for clients who wish to petition for divorce and also for clients who have been served with divorce papers or are aware that they are likely to be in the future.
- We provide an initial interview to provide general advice, advice as to the procedure and to answer any questions that you may have for £100 plus VAT.
- If you are the petitioner in divorce proceedings and your proceedings are to proceed undefended, we charge £500 plus VAT and disbursements.
- If you are the respondent in divorce proceedings and the proceedings are undefended, we charge £350 plus VAT for dealing with your divorce.
Fixed fees civil partnership packages
We offer fixed fee packages for clients who wish to petition for civil partnership dissolution proceedings and also for clients who have been served with civil partnership dissolution papers or are aware that they are likely to be in the future.
- We charge £100 plus VAT for initial advice
- If you are the petitioner in the civil partnership dissolution proceedings and your petition is to proceed undefended we charge £500 plus VAT and disbursements for dealing with your civil partnership dissolution.
- If you are the respondent in civil partnership dissolution we charge £350 plus VAT for dealing with your civil partnership dissolution.
Agreed Hourly Rate
The firm will assess your case and provide a fully flexible option on an hour by hour basis. You will be given information about the likely overall cost of your matter and you will be updated as to these costs as the matter progresses.
Making a Payment
You may pay a bill or place money on account for our services using:
- A credit card or debit card (standard bank charges apply)
- Bank transfer
- Cash (limit applies per transaction)
Payments made by credit and debit card are subject to clearance by your card provider and will normally take three to five working days to credit Liverpool Legal client account. If your payment is required for immediate use please call us to discuss another method of payment. Outgoing payments will not be made using your credit/debit card payment until we are in receipt of cleared funds.
During the payment process you will be required to enter the credit or debit card security code and you may be asked for further card authentication by your credit or debit card provider.
Please note, Personal Data such as your name, address and contact details may be required. Any Personal Data will be used in accordance with Data Protection requirements.
Some personal information will be received by us for reference purposes. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected.