The statutory definition of redundancy encompasses three primary types of situation:
- Business closure
- Workplace closure
- Reduction or expected reduction of work of a particular kind
Liverpool Legal offer advice for either employer or employee in redundancy matters. Particular issues can arise when:
- an employer is undertaking a restructuring exercise
- there are potential redeployment opportunities
- there are other complications including employees who may be affected by the process whilst on maternity leave or who have a disability
- more than 20 employees from the same location are to be made redundant
- an employer closes without notice owing to insolvency
Liverpool Legal can advise on the redundancy process and can also support a party involved in a redundancy claim, either with full representation or a more targeted bespoke service. Early advice is important as there are strict time limits for bringing such claims.
Liverpool Legal can also assist employees making claims for notice pay, basic redundancy pay and outstanding wages or holiday pay where the employer has become insolvent and may not be able to pay.
We understand that these types of matters can be stressful and time consuming. Our solicitors will guide you through the whole process and you can be confident that they will do their very best to achieve the result you want.
If you require advice or assistance and would like to discuss your requirements with one of our experienced solicitors please call 0151 702 5400 or click here to contact us by email.