As consumers we come across products all the time. The things we buy for our house, or to play sports with or to use to treat ourselves if we are ill are all products. These products ought to be subject to detailed testing and scrutiny before they come on sale, so the vast majority of the time the products are perfectly safe for us to use.
Sometimes, however, unfortunately things can go wrong with a product leading to an accident. If this happens to you and you suffer from injury or illness, you may be able to bring a product liability claim.
Our product liability solicitors have experience dealing with a wide range of product liability claims including:
- Claims arising from defective kitchen equipment
- Claims arising from defective electrical goods
- Claims arising from defective medicines or drugs
- Claims arising from defective sporting equipment
- Claims arising from defective vehicles
Sometimes there is a problem with the product itself because it has not been manufactured or designed properly. Sometimes the warnings are insufficient. Our expert solicitors will be able to advise you on the best course of action and who to pursue if you do suffer injury.
If you unfortunately suffer an injury as a result of using a defective product, there are some things you can do which might help if you later decide to bring a claim:
- First and foremost, seek medical advice and make sure you get the treatment you need and tell the medical practitioner what happened
- If you can, take pictures of the product which has caused you injury making sure to include a picture of the state of the product and any labels, warnings, make and model or serial numbers it may have
- If the product is not one you own, report the accident to the owner of the product
- Keep a separate note of what you say when you report the accident, who you reported it to and when
Product liability claims can be complicated, so it is important a specialist solicitor is instructed to assist you. At Liverpool Legal, our friendly, expert product liability solicitors would be happy to discuss your claim on a no win no fee basis. Click here to email us or call us on 0151 702 5400.